The Rockford Area Plumbing, Pipefitting, and Refrigeration Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee will be accepting applications for Apprenticeship beginning June 13th, 2022, through January 6th, 2023, at the Local 23 Training Office at 4525 Boeing Drive, Rockford, IL 61109.
Applications will be accepted at the following times or by appointment:
- Mondays 9:00am-11:00am and 1:00pm-5:30pm
- Tuesdays-Thursdays 9:00am-11:00am and 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Fridays or additional hours by appointment.
- Holiday hours may vary.
Review the information below to be prepared when applications resume.
REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
- Must be at least 17 years of age to apply and 18 years of age by the following March
- Must be a High School Graduate or a High School equivalency (Example; GED)
- Must have passed one year of standard high school Algebra (High School equivalency meets the requirement)
REQUIREMENTS – DAY OF APPLICATION
- Cashier’s Check or Money Order payable to JATC for $20.00 (non-refundable application fee) NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED
- *Valid/current driver’s license or State issued ID card
- Transcripts in unopened officially sealed school envelopes or GED results. If the applicant is unable to bring transcripts on the date of application, they must be submitted unopened, with an official seal, or faxed directly from your school or GED office to the training department (fax 815-397-8912) No transcripts will be accepted prior to submission of application.
- Personal Experience Forms will be distributed at the time of application, they must be submitted along with supporting documents.
*If selected, you must have a valid/current driver’s license, reliable transportation, and be physically able to perform duties of the trade with or without reasonable accommodations. Further instruction will be provided if selected.
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PLEDGEThe Rockford Area Plumbing, Pipefitting, and Refrigeration JATC will not discriminate against applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years or older. The JATC will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate this apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 30, as amended.
- APTITUDE TEST STUDY GUIDES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE TRAINING DEPARTMENT FOR $15.00 – CASH OR MONEY ORDER ONLY
For those who applied from May 17th, 2021, through January 7th, 2022, at the Local 23 Training Office at 4525 Boeing Drive, Rockford, IL 61109, you can track your application status by clicking here and using your application number given to you during application.
- For more help in preparing for aptitude testing, please visit: