The Rockford Area Plumbing, Pipefitting, and Refrigeration Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee will be accepting applications for Apprenticeship every Monday-Thursday beginning September 10th 2018 through January 3rd 2019 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. along with Saturday, October 13th and Saturday, December 8th from 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. at The Local 23 Training Office at 4525 Boeing Drive, Rockford, IL 61109. Time and dates may vary based off weather or other unforeseen complications
Apprenticeship Opportunities in Plumbing, Pipefitting, and HVACR (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration)
REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO FILLING OUT APPLICATION
- Must be at least 17 years of age to apply and 18 years of age by March, 2019
- Must be a High School Graduate or a High School equivalency (Example; GED)
- Must have passed one year of standard high school Algebra (High School equivalency meets requirement)
REQUIREMENTS - DAY OF APPLICATION
- Cashier’s Check or Money Order payable to JATC for $20.00 (non-refundable application fee)
- *Valid/current driver’s license or State issued ID card
- Transcripts in unopened officially sealed school envelope or GED results. If applicant is unable to bring transcripts on date of application, they must be submitted unopened, with official seal, or faxed directly from your school or GED office to the training department (fax 815-397-8912) and be received no later than January 9th, 2019. No transcripts will be accepted prior to submission of application
- Personal Experience Forms will be distributed at time of application, they must be submitted along with supporting documents no later than January 9, 2019
If all of the above requirements are met within the specified time frames, applicants will take an aptitude test in February. Those applicants earning above minimum cut score on the test will be scheduled for an interview in March.
*If selected, you must have a valid/current driver’s license, reliable transportation, and be physically able to perform duties of the trade with or without reasonable accommodations. Further instruction will be provided if selected.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PLEDGE
The Rockford Area Plumbing, Pipefitting, and Refrigeration JATC will not discriminate against applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years or older. The JATC will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate this apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 30, as amended.
APTITUDE TEST STUDY GUIDES ARE AVAILABLE IN TRAINING DEPARTMENT FOR $15.00 - CASH OR MONEY ORDER ONLY.
For more help in preparing for aptitude testing, please visit:
For help in preparing for aptitude testing, please visit:
Page Last Updated: Dec 08, 2016 (12:27:45)